Plate-fin heat exchangers, usually consisting of bulkheads, fins, seals, and deflectors. A fin, a baffle, and a seal are placed between two adjacent partitions to form a sandwich, which is called a channel, and the sandwich is stacked in different ways according to the different fluid and brazed into a whole to form a panel bundle. Pan Bundle is the core of the plate-fin heat exchanger. Plate-fin heat exchangers have been widely used in petroleum, chemical, natural gas processing and other industries.
The emergence of plate-fin heat exchangers has raised the heat exchange efficiency to a new level. At the same time, plate-fin heat exchangers have the advantages of small size, light weight, and the ability to handle two or more types of medium
(1) The heat transfer efficiency is high, because the fins continuously disturb the fluid and cause the boundary layer to break continuously, so it has a large heat transfer coefficient; at the same time, due to the thin fins and high heat conductivity,so the heat exchangers can achieve high efficiency.
(2) Compact, since the plate-fin heat exchanger has an expanded secondary surface,so its specific surface area can reach 1000m2/m3.
(3) Lightweight, due to compact and mostly aluminum alloys, steel, copper, and composite materials have also been produced in volume.
(4) High adaptability, plate-fin heat exchangers can be applied to: gas-air, gas-liquid, liquid-liquid, heat exchange between various fluids, and phase-change heat in which state changes occur. Through the arrangement and combination of flow channels can adapt to: counter flow, cross flow, multi-stream, multi-pass flow and other different heat transfer conditions. Through the combination of units in series, parallel, series and parallel can meet the heat transfer needs of large equipment. Industry can be stereotyped and mass-produced to reduce costs, and the interchangeability can be expanded by building blocks.
(5) Strict manufacturing process and complicated process.
(6) It is easy to clog, does not resist corrosion, and it is difficult to clean and overhaul. Therefore, it can only be used in occasions where the heat exchange medium is clean, non-corrosive, difficult to foul, difficult to deposit, and not easy to clog.